WORKING TOGETHER FOR A MISSION
- “If I had my child to raise over again,
- I'd build self-esteem first and the house later,
- I'd finger paint more and point the finger less,
- I would do less correcting and more connecting,
- I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes,
- I would care to know less and know to care more,
- I'd take more hikes and fly more kites,
- I'd stop playing serious and seriously play,
- I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars,
- I'd do more hugging and less tugging,
- I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often,
- I would be firm less often and affirm much more,
- I'd model less about the love of power,
- And more about the power of love”.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
- The intellectual development of the child i.e. To encourage his/her use of language, help the child to learn, stimulate his / her curiosity and lay the foundation for the development of conceptual learning.
- The social and emotional development of a child i.e. To help the child to form stable relationships, encourage a sense of responsibility, self-confidence, independence, self control and child’s consideration for others.
- The aesthetic development of the child, i.e. To give the child an opportunity to experiment with a variety of material, art and music, encourage the child to be creative and expressive, also awaken in the child a growing awareness and appreciation of beauty.
- The physical development of the child, i.e. To help the child to use his/her body effectively by providing space to play, training in personal hygiene and conducting eye and dental checkup.
- The creation of an effective transition from home to school i.e. provides mutually supportive conditions for the child’s development both at home and school.
- Inculcation of moral values, i.e. To respect teachers & elders and the helping staff, develop team spirit and place others before self.
- Teacher Student Ratio The ratio of teacher and taught is 1:12 i.e. one teacher for twelve children in one section. Teacher gives individual attention and encouragement to the child so as to help them develop their inherent abilities.
A child centered Play way method is used to make learning a joyful experience.
The various methods used are observation, field trips, Play way and learning by doing. Children use worksheets.
They also watch animated films, rhymes and stories in the mini theatre.
The creative skills are given expression in the Rainbow room where they have a free play with colours and art material.
This helps them to express their ideas and imaginations.
Children are also encouraged to read story books and borrow books from the library.
Children have free access to lawns. They also go for nature walk.
This makes them become familiar with their immediate environment.
To inculcate secular values, the school celebrates all religious and national festivals.
This gives opportunity to every child to show his talent in music and dance.